If there’s anything that’s universal in this world, it’s parenting.
No matter your culture, background, or family dynamic, parenting woes transcend.
As a standup comedian, I try to get all of my parenting guidance exclusively from other comics (seems right), so I put together 5 of my favorite comedy videos about relatable parenting moments.
1. Maz Jobrani’s Funny Take On Parenting Goals
Maz gets it right when he points out that our only goal as parents is to make our kids exhausted. But no matter what we do, they never want to sleep!
2. My Take On The Scariest Bully of Them All: An Indian Aunty
I wish I had bullies when I was a kid…instead, I had scary Indian aunties. Much worse. (BTW, if you want to see my full comedy set, scroll to the bottom of this post!)
3. Russell Peters Sometimes Wishes He Had Encouraging White Parents
Russell Peters nails it when he talks about the different choices Indian parents and white parents make.
4. Sindhu Vee’s Indian Parenting Dilemma: My Child Has Joined A Gang
Fellow brown comedian aunty Sindhu Vee has some amazing anecdotes about her troubles with disciplining her kids.
5. Cristela Alonzo Knows What It’s Like To Have Outspoken Immigrant Parents
Cristela Alonzo grew up with an immigrant mom and she was brutally honest…as only an immigrant mom can be.
By the way, if you want to see my full comedy set, it’s now playing on my YouTube channel.
For more funny stuff that Indian parents can relate to, sign up for my newsletter!